Hey it's me awesome Ava I had so much fun at the UConn school. Here's how the whole day went. I went to the band room at 1:30pm because this was like an after school thing. So then the percussionist between the 7th and 8th graders their was one 8th grader and 6 of us 7th graders their were about 8 percussionist. So we got the really big drums in the back like the snare and the bass drum and the things that you wear while your playing. I was original going to play the snare drum with another percussionist ,but since I had my surgery in July and did not have a doctor's note so I played Cow Bell ,but that was fun to or else my shoulders and back would be killing me at that point like my other friends. Then when we got their we did an hour worth of practicing and it was really fun because our leader who played percussion when he was my age and still does while he is in college helped us out Every section like the clarinets , Saxophones , and low brass all got teamed up with a college student to help them out. So then after we practiced we went for ice cream and we had to take a walk and it was a long walk to about 15 min. to get their. Then when we di get their we went into the ice cream place and I got cookie dough with whipped cream ,but everybody mouths were so dry because of practicing for so long. So then we just chilled out for an hour took some "selfie" and then we went back to the UConn school walked back 15 min and then last we watched the college band play Michal Jackson's Thriller song on their instrument and Beyoncé if you like it then you should've put a ring on it song. Ok so here is what I was saving best for last a few minutes before we got the ice cream we had the choice to play with the college students and yes I did I played with them and I met two college guys who were both very nice to me. That was an awesome experience I don't think I will forget that day.
From Awesome Ava
Wow, what a fun day.
ReplyDeleteGuess what? I got a fever. And the only prescription... is more cowbell.
ReplyDelete