November 28, 2014

Why do we need math , and why do. I love it

Math is all around us a couple of people that I know do math all the time.
In my opinion math is pretty easy and some of it is not
Here is something I can do

12x13=156
12x14= 168
12x15= 180
12x16=192
12x17= 204
12x18= 216
12x19= 228
12x20=240
That was challenging but I can do it.

Here is something I think is a little challenging that I do in school
What equals 350
A. (7x3)+(2x2)+ 7 to the third power=
B. (5x7)x(5x2)x1 to the first power is=

Now bloggers I know what the answer Is but if you see something wrong that I did or think you know the answer tell me in the comment section below
Here are materials you can use only
Pencil
And
Scrap paper/paper/line paper

Here is what you may not use
Calculator unless you see something that I did wrong and want to tell me in the comment section below.

Here is what I got for A. 368
Here is what I got for B. 350

This is not homework by the way this is just for fun.

From the pretty good math expert Ava


2 comments:

  1. My god. You are the smartest kid I know. I believe you are correct but we may need to bring in the big math guns (Uncle Arthur and Christian). Write a story about them called "Math Cops", where they use math to solve the crime! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ava / math expert - hey it's me, cousin Christian. Behold the power of math! Math is all around us. We must only learn to wield it's limitless power (pun(s) intended). Unsheath thine number two Dixon Ticonderoga and summon your combined power as if it were Excalibur itself! Strike down innumeracy and drive it back into the black abyss from whence it came! Whew. Sorry. Sometimes I get a little excited when I'm talking about math. Keep up the great work!

    PS - I double checked all of the math you did in this blog. It's all correct. Which means you get an A+ in fun from Professor Kristoo.

    PSS - I like uncle Mike's idea about the Math Cops. But if you decide to blog about it, can you please make sure you give us sweet math code names? Maybe something like Fermat and Epsilon? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete